Monday, July 13, 2015

Whole30: prep and day 1

About two weeks ago I got the book whole30. It is a twist on the paleo type diet (grain, sugar, legume, and dairy free). This means eggs, meat, whole fats, and tons of fresh produce. 

I've been on and off gluten free for over 3 years and I have better days and worse days. Since my newest addition is that I want to foster and healthy body and mind, I am choosing to do this so "reset" my gut and brain. 

 I gave myself a month to read the book and essentially planned to start on August 1, but the photos were tantalizing me in the worse way. I opted to start today and so far, I'm happy and I'm going to continue to foster the spirit that I will make it through. 

I really want to show myself I can heal my body. 

One thing I will say is that preparation is the most fundamental thing in this lifestyle change. You wouldn't want to get frustrated and binge eat on junk while your squash was roasting. That's why tonight when I came home from swimming, I knew I would be ok because my spaghetti squash bolognese was just waiting for a reheat. Perfect. That's a blessing. 

I also took the book to heart in many ways and then gave myself the space to be a little creative. 

Sunday night I prepped:
✔️large batch of Mexican flavored protein salad
✔️mayo
✔️ranch
✔️spaghetti squash, sauce, and meat
✔️batches of chopped veggies 


Here is what I had today:

9:30 B: spinach and tomatoe frittata, coffee with califia farms coconut almond milk, one grapefruit. 

(I had a small portion of the egg because I didn't feel hungry for a while but had an extra bite of the egg about an hour after the first. It held me over until lunch.)

I will preface this with:
I got the call at 12 that the Altima wasn't starting. Thought it needed a quick jump and then back home. Hah, yeah right. Well, it took about two hours of troubleshooting to decide we needed a tow. By the time we got home, we were exhausted and hungry.) 

2:30 L: Mexican chicken tacos on butter lettuce, with black olives, tomatoes, and ranch. Two celery sticks. One bubble water. 

6:45 D: quick spaghetti bolognese. Yum in my Tum and quicker than microwave nuggets. 

Now I'm resting and enjoying a movie. I've been perusing other whole30 recipes and I'm thinking of doing some extra prep for tomorrow before we go on a bike ride. 

Prep:
✔️packed leftover spaghetti for lunch tomorrow
✔️packed leftover frittata for tomorrow morning
✔️chicken in fridge defrosting 
✔️made ice coffee ready for my cpr class
✔️ prep snack for tomorrow 
✔️ make green cabbage salad for tomorrow dinner

Now again this is my first day in my first week. I'm a good planner but I'm also good at improvising. I enjoy having things on hand and then being able to just make what I'm hungry for. So far, I'm happy and not super hungry. 

To be honest, I've been sugar/grain/dairy detoxing since 4th of July (my sons bday-- filled with gluten free but sugar filled cupcakes, s'mores, and everything else at a bbq.) 

slowly tapering down my intake and that I think is helping me not feel so hangry for the junk. I do CRAVE sugar like nothing else so I need to get a bit more fruit in the house for emergencies. If I get hungry tonight I will make a banana and almond butter snack. The brain likes it when you have a plan. 

Ok, talk to you tomorrow👍🏻





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3