Thursday, January 17, 2013

My morning ritual.




This is my breakfast nook. Every morning, I wake up, turn on the Keurig and start breakfast for my son (organic, free range scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms, with fresh fruit and toast--yes, he eats all of that!!).

While he is puttering around, my cup of coffee is happily brewing, and the mushrooms are cooking, so I can start on my breakfast.

Since the last week in December, I have started on a liquid breakfast. It works well for me, and it last at least 3-4 hours, which is what I need. I usually have several drinks in the morning: black coffee (organic/fair trade--yes kcups do make great coffee choices!!), my breakfast smoothie, and then my homemade "vitamin water".

The best part of smoothie breakfast is that I can do it in 5 minutes. I have all of the ingredients (beside the fruit and juices) in one place, along with my blender bullet. It was the best Christmas gift my Dad ever gave me.

Here is the ingredients/directions on my smoothie and vitamin water.

Protein Fruit Smoothie:
1 serving protein powder  (preferably > 15g of protein)
fresh fruit
1/2 cup ice
fruit juices (my faves are carrot, lemon, and acai) (aprox. 1/2 cup total)
spinach (if you want extra green--sometimes i omit)
vitamin c powder
glutamine poweder
chia seed
1 squirt  stevia sweetener (the vitamin c and lemon juice make it a bit sour)
splash of unsweetened almond milk

Blend for at least 1 minute. The longer you blend, the better then stuff is broken down, making it easier for you to absorb it. I read somewhere that studies show people stay fuller for longer if they blend their smoothies longer. I'll find that info and update this blog when I do.

Enjoy!!!

Vitamin H2O
2 cups brewed wooyi green tea
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp acai juice
2 tbsp carrot juice
chia seed
Vitamin C powder
Glutamine powder
ice
1 squirt of stevia

Shake up, chill, and drink all day to stay dosed up on your essential vitamin C and EFA's (essential fatty acids). I usually like to drink it to take my other vitamins because the chia seeds become kind of silky, helping the vitamins go down.

Tell me if you try these drinks. They are so YUMMY.

<3 Amelia



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3