Friday, January 18, 2013

Recipe: Finger Lickin' Good Green Beans

Photo: I was craving popcorn, but opted for sauteed green beans with cayenne, nutritional yeast, and garlic salt. #yum #vegan #cleaneating #green



I was having a hankering for some popcorn with the movie we were watching (Tangled-yes, the Disney movie), but decided to go for something green instead.

At Costco, they had awesome french style green beans on sale, so I bought a bunch. They are delish. Tonight, I sauteed them with some EVOO and spices, and they were a wonderful crispy snack that even my son chowed on. He calls them GEE BEES.

Here is the recipe:

In frying pan, bring 1-2 tbsp EVOO to med temp and add ~5oz of washed/trimmed Green Beans.

Let the GB's cook for about 3 minutes over med/high heat, constantly moving them.

Add favorite spices/seasonings like:
nutritional yeast
garlic salt
parsley
cayenne pepper

Enjoy!!!! Preferrably while watching a Disney movie and snuggling with your bambino!

<3 Amelia



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3