Monday, June 22, 2015

Thieves Snickerdoodles

So this morning started off fine but i waited for my coffee until about 11am. I was trying to go caffeine less but it wasn't working. So, I decided to make a strong brew (it was the last of my coffee) and turn it into an iced almond milk vanilla latte. Haha, said the ants. We ate all your syrup. Then died in the bottom of the bottle, only to be discovered AFTER I poured the corpse-filled concoction into my luscious caffeinated drink. So, I pour it out and make up my mind. I'm going to lakeshore coffee. 


It took me a minute to coax Zander but we made it in the car. Zander wanted a cookie so we found a gf Snickerdoodles and he gobbled it up. I barely got a bite so I made my own.  There, you have my reason. Now, try this recipe!!!

Adapted from:http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/pumpkin-snickerdoodles-with-gluten-dairy-egg-and-sugar-free-options/


Preheat over to 350*

In one bowl combine:
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup xylitol or stevia
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Slosh of vanilla extract
10 drops thieves essential oil

Mix well

Gently add:
1 1/2 cups of all purpose gf flour
1/2 cup coconut flour


Combine just enough. 

Roll into dough balls and then roll them around in about 3tbsp of sugar and 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice. 

Put on cookie tray, smash with three fingers and bake for 10 mins. 

Let cool and the devour. I mean, try. Mmmmmmmm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3