Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Amelia, Full of Faith



As I was walking along the beautiful lake shore this windy afternoon, I noticed the shore had changed its shape from the previous night’s wind storm. The waves were still high, rolling in, bringing a plethora of new stones and baubles to the beach. What a sight to see something so big changed by the forces of nature. That shore I saw last week will never be exactly the same as the shore that will arrive tomorrow. In so many ways, the shore is related to my life. Like the sands changing in time by the environment around it, so am I. Never the same as yesterday, and a mystery in what I will become tomorrow. 

Life is a gift, cherish it. 

I am sitting here, peacefully, in my new home, my new life. A soundtrack playing of the waves in the distance, and I can only say this: I am cherishing every single moment. Getting to this place did not happen on my own. The spiritual growth that I have experienced over the last year has prepared me to gather the gifts God is giving me, and enjoy them. I have supreme faith that all in life is already written, like a story. When something happens in the story, it continues, and then something else happens. Having faith that the story will continue is a gift to me. I needed faith to bring me here. I need my faith to keep me on the path of self-love and serenity.  
Having faith that this life is taken care of, no matter what, is such a blessing. The worry, fear, indecision, and hurry seem to flow out, and then there is room for the love to flow in. Breathing in the love, and breathing out the fear. The walk helped me to do that. The walk also helped me to see that there is love all around me. Everywhere I looked, I saw a heart rock. I wanted to pick them all up, and keep them to show them off, but I want others to find the love, too. There are so many people in my life that have shared their love with me, and I finally feel ready to share mine. 

Life is life, fight for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written! If there is someone you want to know you; send her this. It has personality and peace, and you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3