Tuesday, June 4, 2013

If you love a flower, leave it alone.

Today I read something so beautiful. It said if you love a flower, let it be. For when you pick the flower it begins to die, and is no longer what you love. Rather, it is a dying glimpse of what it once was.

This is so sentimental for me. It is saying, don't try to control or change something/one that you love, because then you are no longer loving what you fell in love with. It is so important to live our own lives.

It scares me to think about sharing my life with another person. I've tried it, and I am forever changed. I didn't see how lost I had become, until I let go of it and started to look for the real me again. It has been 15 months on this new journey, and I can now honestly say that I wouldn't ask for a different path to be traveling.

I am me. Precious and free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3