Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday, my only day off!

I just thought about something...

Sunday is my only day "off" of work and school. I go to a meeting, but that is something that I enjoy, and I usually spend the rest of the day doing whatever fun stuff I can jam in to the waking hours.

Here is a recap of a typical Sunday for me:

Early morning, wake up and go see "Gampa" in MC, and then once the baby is settled, go to a meeting with my lovely friends.

Head back around 1pm and put the baby down for a nap.

*Insert random fun thing here.* Sometimes I bake, read, shower, do hw (yes, it's fun to me), cook, plan...etc

Photo: Run time, sun time, kinda fun time. :PToday, that fun thing was going for a run in the FREEZING cold. It was so cold, my toes began to feel numb! It was bad. But, I made it three miles in 40 minutes, which is pretty good for me. I really wanted to go for a run out on the Nature Trail on Lake Michigan, but it was snowing by the lake so I opted out. My run was just as nice.


After my run, I came in, made a protein shake and warmed up. Telepathically, my son woke up to the sound of me walking up the stairs. I got him up, and then we snuggled for a while until he wanted to play.  He's so sweet. Carressing my face, hugging me and kissing me, saying, "Mama". I don't want him to get any bigger!!!! Just too cute.


2013-01-20_15-34-36_742.jpgThe boys (my son and my "nephew" Clay--both too cute for words) wanted shrimpies for linner, so I made them that with an awesome raspberry kiwi fruit salad. Doesn't this look da'bomb? Yeah, and both fruits were ripe and juicy, so it was super fresh and sweet.

They ate together. Alexzander usually eats in his highchair and normally the TV is off during meals, but I was feeling nice on this weekend day. Here they are eating lunch together. Yes, my son is not wearing any pants, with knee high tube socks and some retro looking tennis shoes form "Gampa". He wouldn't take them off, nor would he put pants on. He was happy, so I let him be.

2013-01-20_16-08-20_746.jpg



Photo: Red lentils and amaranth cooked in veggie broth, coriander, turmeric, & garam  masala with baby bellas and spinach. Tiny slice of #vegan #gf agave oat bread. So good. #vegan #glutenfree #workout #crockpotdinner #cleaneating #delicious #eatyourveggies
 I cleaned up and then started a batch of lentils and grains for supper. Such a funny word that is, but I like using it. It turned out delicious, especially after Alexzander and I went  swimming at the pool. I wish I could take pics of him swimming because he is SUCH a good swimmer. He is not afraid one bit!! He scoots around the entire edge of the pool, jumps in by himself, kicks and moves his legs and arms to swim, and doesn't mind going under water. He is amazing. I am so proud that he loves the water, because as a child, I HATED the water. My brother threw me into the deep end all of the time until I got used to it. That was a dreadful experience. I hope that by taking him early, and having him swim 3-4x per week, I can get him swimming by 2 or 3 years old and I won't have a problem teaching him later on. 

After dinner, we played and then watched a Disney movie before bed. It was so relaxing. He went down around 8:30,and then I went and prepared my weekly snacks and my breakfast smoothie for tomorrow. I would much rather lose 30 minutes the night before than wasting time frantically doing things in the morning, half asleep.

My smoothies have been awesome lately, and the one I have prepped for tomorrow is spinach, raspberries, and blueberries, with hemp, C, Glutamine, coconut water, acai juice, carrot juice and 3 scoops of true vitality protein powder. I always blend it extra long, and it is smooth and creamy. SO yum.

2013-01-20_19-48-59_903.jpg
 OH, I almost forgot!!!! The best part about prepping now is being able to WEIGH things on my new KITCHEN SCALE!!! Found it for 15$ at COSTCO!!! Talk about deal, baby!!!!! The labels for food always give portion sizes in oz, g, or cups so I wanted to be able to track exactly what calories I was consuming. It REALLY helps!!! I bagged up 5 dried fruit and nut baggies for this weeks shuffle (school, work, nannying...etc). Each one is for my midday snack ~ 300 calories.


For each mini meal I try to consume no more than 300 calories, 5x per day. That equals 1500 calories, and with the mild to moderate workouts I do each day, I am sure that I can slenderize the last few areas on my list.





What are YOUR days off like??? Do you do fun stuff or do you prepare for the rest of the work week? Do you relax or do you run and get things done?? I'd love to hear!



3 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! <3 Wish I could be watching disney movies with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you all see the photos? My phone wont show them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you all see the photos? My phone wont show them.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this post? I would LOVE to hear your opinions! <3